Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Audrey has Goji sprouts!


Audrey reports that her Arkansas Goji seeds in her Jiffy greenhouse have sprouted.... just about a week after planting. Not all have popped up, but a good start. Way to go Mom! I guess we now know that they do not take 6-8 weeks for them to germinate. Woohoo, we are well on our way to our Goji empire, lol.


Update: As of Thursday, my Goji seeds from Arkansas in Jiffy greenhouse have sprouted. It also took a week to the day. Seeds in the planter with potting soil have all kinds of new sprouts, but it takes a few days longer this way. Wolfberry seeds still just have just a couple coming up, so don't waste your money buying seeds. The seeds that sprouted the easiest are the ones that came right from the berries.


Al's have only been in the ground about 5 days, so he should have sprouts by the weekend. He is having some really nasty weather in Utah. Heavy winds, hail, freezing temps at night. Thank goodness he has hot pots and the greenhouse. I hope your veggies are surving in the hot pots Al.

1 comment:

Robster said...

Awesome! I'm from South Africa and my goji's have been under cottonwool for 5 days and tody I saw that one has soruted. I was expectingit to sprout in two days like a bean or lentil would. So I know to wait about seven days. Thanks for sharing that.